IBD

Where to find great snack ideas

Wendy_LExpert
Care Partner of Adult
March 24, 2022 in IBD

A while back, I posted some ideas for healthy snacks and desserts, but I want to add that Instagram has some brilliant ideas with great step-by-step visuals on how to make them. They involve very few ingredients and ALL acceptable for just about any version of IBD diet you can imagine. Easy to find if you search phrases like "Paleo Dessert Recipes" or "Gluten Free Recipes". I've actually made a couple already.

Below are the ideas I had originally shared but which deserve repeating, in my humble opinion. ;-)

Parmesan crisps - made in the oven with nothing but a sheet of wax and cookie-sized mounds of shredded parm. Bake for 15 minutes.

Kale chips - made in the oven with nothing but a sheet of wax paper and fresh kale. Bake for 15 minutes.

Dessert treat: Chocolate (almond butter) bites - made in an ice cube tray. Mix softened dark chocolate or semi-sweet choc morsels and coconut oil, melt to a pourable consistency. Pour into ice tray for bite-sized treats. Freeze until hardened enough to pop out like ice cubes. For added fun, put a dab of almond butter (no sugar) in between two layers of the poured chocolate mixture before freezing. It's like a Reese's...but MUCH healthier!

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• lescpOther

LOVE these ideas Wendy - thank you for sharing!!!

March 28, 2022
  • Jackie_ZExpert
    Patient

I have a collection of saved recipes on Instagram for this very reason! I do appreciate that you can create various collections in saved posts, it makes it really easy to go find them when you need to.

Also I have made something similar to your parmesan crisps, but formed them into a bowl and had little mini parm bowls filled with pasta. They were amazing.

March 28, 2022
  • PMAsince97Expert
    Patient

That bowl idea is brilliant...almost better than bacon bowls!!

March 29, 2022
  • PMAsince97Expert
    Patient

Nothing beats a simple baked sweet potato in tinfoil...so easy, so convenient, and so healthy for an on the go snack. Hard boiled eggs are also pretty gut friendly too.

March 29, 2022